Monday, March 24, 2008

The Design Process ~ Junkyard Dog


One of my favorite things about picture framing is the design process. Sometimes I can look at a piece and know instantly how to make it look it's best. Other times, I will ask a client if they mind leaving the piece with me for a couple of days so I can think up something totally fantastic. This little piece is a great example: it is very small (4" x 6") and very bold. It is painted on the bottom of a brown lunch bag. I have had it laying on my design table for a couple of days just letting it "talk" to me. This little guy told me that he was a junkyard dog that has now found a very special home. He is very macho and needs to stay true to his roots, but he likes his sophisticated new urban environment.

You never know when an inspiration will strike you or where it will come from. I was grocery shopping the other night and when I saw the brown paper bags, I decided to grab a couple of extra to see if they would work in this design. I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple of weeks!

No comments: