Saturday, March 1, 2008

Friday

Today started at 5am to prep for BNI which begins at 6:45 every Friday morning. Today we were divided into powerteams to further enhance our networking. For my 60 second commercial I showcased this project for a client from Pikeville, KY.





She wanted to do something fun and funky to create a grouping with two identical images. We decided to invert one image, offset both openings, and add an art deco flair. I chose to showcase this project for two reasons: 1) this client commutes 280 miles roundtrip for her framing which makes me feel like a design superstar!!! 2) some of my projects are fun and small.


After BNI it was time for a grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte from the Starbucks around the corner. Yikes! 9am time to be open and get the heat turned on! Today is a framing day ~I'm finishing a shadowbox for a signed Cal Ripken baseball jersey. I also have two double frames and two fillet projects on the docket.


Then it's off to the Lexington Opera House for the opening night of Hansel and Gretel. My mom would die laughing if she could see me right now. I parked three blocks down in a friend's private parking. I'm in black patent leather pumps with velvet bows, black fishnet stockings, black dress, and black sequined jacket. I'm surrounded by wranglers, hats, and pickup truck cowboys all headed to the George Strait concert two blocks the other direction!



No comments: