Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Monday Madness

Mondays and Tuesdays are two of my favorite gallery days because I work by appointment only. This Monday started off at 9 am at a client's home on Chinoe where I met with her and her designer. I took photos of her bathroom and measured for a custom mirror above her pedestal sink. It has a fresh, crisp feel to it and I'm delighted that we're considering using an acrylic frame by Paraflex.

Then it was off to Starbucks for some caffeine. I love Mondays, but hey, they're still Mondays! While I was there, I bumped into Christopher and Beth from BNI so I joined them for coffee and networking. Christopher is an amazing hair designer. You know how hard it can be to find someone good when you move to a new city? Well, when I moved to Lexington, it took me about six months to find Jenni. I loved her because she never rushed me and she taught me to pincurl my hair. She spoiled me and she was so good that she left to go to Las Vegas to do hair on the strip. So here I was back at square one... After several recommendations and four bad haircuts and an orange blob on my head instead of a blond do, I finally found Christopher. I told him my sob story and the first thing he asked me for was Jenni's phone number so he could consult with her about my hair before he touched it. How great is that? He turned me into a blond again, gave me a to die for scalp massage, and called a couple of days later to follow up. Beth is a wellness consultant and is great about helping people learn how to feel better and live healthier.

After coffee, I met with an advertising rep for a local magazine. Typical sales pitch...we have so many readers and they're the demographic you're looking for... Hmmm. I'll pass for now.

1pm met with a business consultant at the gallery. Sometimes it is hard to have perspective when you deal with all of the day to day stuff. My goal is to have Dave help me translate what I see in my head into a written action plan. I can see very clearly where I want to go but it is hard to know if I am spinning my wheels or actually getting someplace. It will also be good to have some accountability.

4pm went to Patchen House to find out about an open house they're hosting next week. They've invited me to hang art in a mini gallery that will be open to the public. More about that later.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the photo. Also the blogs. You and James will conquer the world with writing.

HairByChristopher said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. The blessing is, i get to go to work everyday and PLAY, helping people feel beautiful inside and out! YOU ROCK LAURA!! Can't wait to come to your show room!!
Your Friend,
Christopher Hand